Ninth District Congressman Adam Smith today voted for the Conference Report on Military Construction Appropriations bill, which includes over $128 million in military construction projects for the state of Washington.
“This legislation includes funding for key projects at both Fort Lewis and McChord,” Smith said. “These improvements will help increase the quality of life for the men and women who serve our country.”
Specifically, the legislation includes:
MCCHORD AFB PROJECTS
• $7.9 million in improvements to the C-17 squadron operations/aircraft maintenance unit;
• $3.3 million in improvements to the Air Force Reserve C-17 maintenance unit facility.
FORT LEWIS AND YAKIMA PROJECTS
• $5.5 million to replace the north dental clinic;
• $5.2 million for an ammunition storage facility;
• $6.2 million for a physical fitness training center;
• $12 million for tank trail erosion mitigation in Yakima;
• $16.3 million for an Army National Guard maneuver area training equipment site.
“These projects are critical to ensuring those serving at Fort Lewis and McChord have top-notch facilities that improve their quality of life and their ability to do their job,” Smith said. “I was proud to vote for this legislation and look forward to seeing it signed by the President.”