Congressman Adam Smith

Representing the 9th District of Washington

Internal Revenue Service

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get IRS forms?

Download IRS forms.

Order by phone: 1-800-829-3676
For the hearing impaired - 1-800-829-4059
Order by fax: (703) 368-9694 

How will the tax rebate I received in summer 2001 affect my tax return?

Click here for answers to all of the most commonly asked questions about filing for your taxes.

The IRS also has a 24-hour taxpayer hotline: 1-800-829-1040.

Who can I talk to about problems like liens, back taxes, penalties, etc.?

The Taxpayer Advocate 24-Hour Toll-Free Hotline is: 1-877-777-4778.

For more information about the Taxpayer Advocate Service click here.

What is the agency's official website?

The best resource for general IRS information is the agency’s official website: