Frequently Asked Questions

Before visiting a foreign country, you should ensure that all your travel concerns are addressed. Here are a few of the most common questions my office receives that deal with passports:
How can I renew my existing passport?
If you already have a passport that is not damaged, was issued in the past 15 years, was received after your 16th birthday, and has your same name, you can apply for a passport renewal by mail. Return to Top
I can't wait for the normal six week processing time for my application. Can I request an expedite?
Yes. For an additional fee, you can request expedite processing which normally takes two weeks. Return to Top
Where can I find more information on passport services?
For general questions regarding the State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs passport services, see the State Department's Frequently Asked Questions about Passports web page. Return to Top

Other questions?

If you would like my help with Passport issue, please print out my Authorization Form and fax or mail it to my office.