Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get IRS forms?

Download IRS forms.

Order by phone: 1-800-829-3676
For the hearing impaired - 1-800-829-4059
Order by fax: (703) 368-9694 

Return to Top
How will the tax rebate I received in summer 2001 affect my tax return?

Click here for answers to all of the most commonly asked questions about filing for your taxes.

The IRS also has a 24-hour taxpayer hotline: 1-800-829-1040.

Return to Top
Who can I talk to about problems like liens, back taxes, penalties, etc.?

The Taxpayer Advocate 24-Hour Toll-Free Hotline is: 1-877-777-4778.

For more information about the Taxpayer Advocate Service click here.

Return to Top
What is the agency's official website?
The best resource for general IRS information is the agency’s official website: Return to Top